To enable your customers to log in via Google you must create a Google app first.
Watch this guided video if that is easier https://file.perceptiv.digital/9ZuDQ0D7
- Navigate to https://console.developers.google.com/apis/
- Log in with your Google credentials if you are not logged in.
- If you don’t have a project yet, you’ll need to create one. You can do this by clicking on the blue “Create Project” text on the right side! ( If you already have a project, then in the top bar click on the name of your project instead, which will bring up a modal and click “New Project”. )
- Name your project and then click on the “Create” button again!
- Once you have a project, you’ll end up in the dashboard. ( If earlier you have already had a Project, then make sure you select the created project in the top bar! )
- Click the “OAuth consent screen” button on the left hand side.
- Choose the "External" user type option
Note: We don’t use sensitive or restricted scopes. You can progress past those steps.
- Enter a name for your App to the “App name” field, which will appear as the name of the app asking for consent.
- For the “User support email” field, select an email address that users can use to contact you with questions about their consent.
- Under the “Authorized domains” section press the “Add Domain” button and enter your domain name, without subdomains! E.g.: example.com
- At the “Developer contact information” section, enter an email address that Google can use to notify you about any changes to your project.
- Press “Save and Continue” then press it again on the “Scopes”, “Test users” pages, too!
- On the left side, click on the “Credentials” menu point, then click the “+ Create Credentials” button in the top bar.
- Choose the “OAuth client ID” option.
- Select the “Web application” under Application type.
- Under the “Authorised redirect URIs” section click “Add URI” and add the store URL or you can leave this blank
- Click on the “Create” button
- A modal should pop up with your credentials. If that doesn’t happen, go to the Credentials in the left hand menu and select your app by clicking on its name and you’ll be able to copy-paste the “Client ID” and “Client Secret” from there.
- Currently your App is in Testing mode, so only limited number of people can use it. To allow this App for any user with a Google Account, click on the “OAuth consent screen” option on the left side, then click the “PUBLISH APP” button under the “Publishing status” section, and press the “Confirm” button.
Please send the Client ID and Client Secret to us via https://form.perceptiv.digital/61ee5dc273790882663c95b2
Once your Google app is ready you’ll need to copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret to the Google provider’s Settings tab. You can find the information at your Google app’s Settings which you can reach from the left sidebar.